Friday 11 January 2008

FANTASTIC ON THE HILLS





What a superb day today. I was on Tarmachan Ridge, hard going again but with snowshoes easing the ascent. Today I set off from the house, a lovely way on to the tops, direct from the door at Morenish. It was low cloud up until 1pm then just as I reached Meall Garbhs' final steepening the clouds parted and wonderful views all round. I met 2 other walkers, the most I have seen all week.


They were both amazed at the amount of snow on the hills. The avalanche hazard is lowering as the snow pack starts to settle but there is still quite some scary looking windslab in places. Tomorrow looks like another superb clear day and forecast for next week is still good, snow wise!


Click the movie below, it's the 360 degree view from Meall nan Tarmachan


No comments: