Sunday 27 July 2014

CHAMONIX

Arrived in Chamonix last night for my second stint of work on Tour de Mont Blanc's this summer. Well while we enjoyed a wonderful week or more of superb hot weather at home in The Highlands the same can't be said out here. Seems like the unsettled theme as continued in much of The Alpine regions since I was last out at the beginning of the month. This morning, however, any cloud disappeared off Mont Blanc and it was lovely and hot. I quickly got through all my admin stuff (yawn,yawn) and had a late morning dash up to Plan Praz which lies below the Aiguille Rouge mountains on the south side of the Chamonix valley, giving great views of Western Europe's highest summit as well as a host of other wonderful peaks- The Aiguille Chamonix, Aiguille du Midi and Aiguille Verte were all poking their spires out of the cloud. My first trekking group arrive tomorrow and then away Tuesday for  another fabulous spin around the TMB.

No comments: