Friday 7 December 2018

WINTER SAFETY TALK & CALENDARS




Last week I gave my very first Winter Safety Talk at the Cotswold Outdoors store in Livingstone. My first venture into the world of public speaking on Scottish Winter Safety. I've always had the feeling that you should only be advising folk when you've amassed a fair amount of experience.  That goes with anything in life! So after 30 odd years of venturing into winter mountains did I feel it was the right time. 20 odd folk turned up and thanks for coming along. Big thanks to Andrew, store manager who facilitated the evening and massive thanks to Chris who organized catering at half time. A grand feed of fresh soup, sandwiches, cakes, teas & coffee! Not many lectures thrown that in! There was a donation to Scottish Mountain Rescue. I forgot to take any photos.
Meantime this week has thrown up another mix of cold then warm spells.  Snow's back again today along with storm forces winds. You don't get good snow cover without the odd blizzard!
Last call for Calendars.  Just 12 left if you're still looking for Christmas gifts. £12 including P&P.
Karen braving the icy Loch Morlich yesterday 

A good spread at my Safety Talk on Tuesday 

No comments: