Tuesday 17 September 2019

MOUNTAIN HARE & GEESE HEADING SOUTH

Posing nicely today

Heading South
Loch A'an basin


Cloud breaking over Braeriach

Autumn colours

Loch A'an
More geese

….and another flock

Resting

Keeping an eye out

Don't feel like running today

Flock 6

Flock 7
For almost a year now I have been photographing one individual Mountain Hare in the Northern Corries. Like most animals, the mountain hare usually stays around it's same area for most of it's life. Indeed, they are known to stay in their same wee areas for generations. Today 'my' hare wasn't running around too much (sometimes he's very flighty). I sign that winter isn't far away and he's conserving his energy, or just used to me and my camera? It was a chilly day up high on the Cairngorm plateau. Very quiet and peaceful. The only sounds were the 7 flocks of geese I heard flying directly above me. This is always a wonderful sight and sound at this time of year. The geese are leaving their summer grounds in Greenland and Iceland and heading south to warmer climes.

No comments: