Friday 30 July 2021

MIDGE & CLOUD IN TORRIDON

 

At last, a view

Liathach, well some of it

The pines
I've been over in Torridon, guiding on Beinn Damph for Torridon Outdoors. On Thursday I was joined by Alan & Audrey were out with me and wanting an easy hill day with great views. 
More Butterwort please

...and more Sundews

Plenty of Scotch Argus around
Unfortunately  we were walking in thick cloud most of the time. We did get to see at least 8 adult Ptarmigan and 4 chicks in 3 different locations up high on the ridge, as we walked in thick cloud to the summit.

A view less summit

I was camping for two nights amongst the midges. No pic-nicking outside the porch for me!
Now you know why July & August are my least favourite months of the year!
A wet Beinn Eighe on Wednesday evening 

Good midge protection 

A walk back over the Coulin Pass this morning. Very low cloud to 200m or less and I can safely say no temperature inversions just now. Midges so bad I had the midge net on even when walking. At least the flora and fauna made up for the lack of mountain vistas.
Coulin Pass

Damn midges

Achnashellach,  the start to great adventures,  or an escape from midges







No comments: