Wednesday 18 July 2018

THE DARK SIDE, TOUR OF THE CAIRNGORMS






It's been nearly 10 years since my Bianchi road bike has seen any tarmac. The speed machine has been 'moth balled' for a long time. My wife is in training for two tri-athlons so a good excuse to get my bike on the road to help with her training. Amazing my beautiful Bianchi antique was in superb running order after some tlc. A few cobwebs and a drop of oil was all that was required for it's return to the road.
Karen and I had a brilliant day,  riding 103km and 800m of climbing. A Tour of the Cairngorms ! We took a route through some quiet roads and finished up at the Coire Cas carpark on Cairngorm. Well we finished at the house of course. I could well get into road biking again.
I used to Cycle a lot around the Killin area where I lived a while back.
Strathspey has some fine roads to explore too. Problem is the Cairngorms has some superb mountain biking of course.

No comments: