Tuesday 26 June 2012

EAST RIDGE CARN DEARG MHEADAONCH

Dwarf Cornell

It was a beautiful sunny and very warm morning in Lochaber. I made the most of the sun before the cloud increased and band of rain moved in by heading up the fab East ridge of Carn Dearg Mheadonach. This great wee scramble is a favourite of mine, a feeling of remoteness. The ground over fro the Allt a' Mhuillin to the Allt Daim is still very dry and a pleasure, especially with so many flowers out just now, including Dwarf Cornell. I made fast progress despite the usual hanging around taking in the views and photo opportunities. Then suddenly on the summit and grand views of Te Ben's north face in glorious sunshine. There was a lovely stiff breeze today to keep cool and keep the midges at bay. A stroll back down to the NF carpark and back to my bike in 5 hrs. Trying to get photos up but my pc is being very difficult with me! Photos soon.

No comments: