Thursday 10 February 2022

BIG SNOW DUMP

 

Fresh snow for these beautiful creatures 
Over the last couple of days we've had some good snowfalls here in Strathspey. Colder temperatures and plenty of snow showers, especially today. There was about 10cm of snow in the garden today. High winds meant the snowgates at Glenmore were closed this morning. That's not happened for some time. With more snow forecast through the coming days should get the mountains looking more like February!

On Tuesday I headed out with the camera for some more  mountain hare photography. It was a cold day but plenty of bright sunshine inbetween the snow showers. 

Snow above 600m

Freezing levels lowering

I had set off quite late in the morning but I was soon in the company of two regular hares I photograph. They are now looking far more protected amongst the fresh snowfields. 

Well hunkered down in the hollows



Enjoying the sun
I spent the best part of the day with my third mountain hare who was a joy to be with. Sunshine,  a few snow flurries and a blustery wind. I got down low and it was much easier to hold th camera. Of course you also get some terrific lowangled images.
Bright sun and snow




The sun dipped behind the horizon, snother snow shower rattled through. I left this wonderful creature in peace. What a fabulous day.
Snow showers and sun

Dusk

Golden hour


No comments: