Friday 11 February 2022

WINTER WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY

 

Stunning morning 
It's always nice to get at least one days respite between stormy, wild and cloudy conditions. This morning there was a frost down in Aviemore under clear overnight skies. I was keen to get out onto the snow and see what had been delivered over the last couple of snowy, windy days. It was looking terrific! It's now light around 7am. I walked from my front door up to the Monadhliath and to photograph the Mountain Hares,  of course. 

Fresh snow at all levels

Beautiful drifts

Good snow cover above 500m

It was back to Slough ploughing again. But enjoying the sun and calm conditions. The high Cairngorms had cloud cover but over the Monadhliath it was clear. I had the place to myself. 

Love a yawning/laughing hare

Gorgeous 
I spotted my first hare at one of his usual forms. Looking absolutely wonderful in the fresh snow and sunshine. I spent over an hour here. What a delight. 
Enjoying the sun

What a face

Sunning my back

Some cloud drifted over by late morning. It was cold and a strong wind stove 750m. I came back after lunch to see my friend again. Still there. Another hour easily passed away with him.
Spot my friend 

Below freezing all day

Cloud over the high Cairngorms 

Time to say goodbye. What an absolute privilege to spend so much time in their company. 






No comments: