Monday 4 July 2022

FAKE WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY?

 

If it ain't real I'm not interested 

Just catching up on sorting through my images of the beautiful Mountain Hares I took last Monday in the Monadhliath. I was also out yesterday, amongst the hares, Golden Plover and a gorgeous pair of Stonechats. All these creatures I photograph on a regular basis this time of year. The sights and sounds with a backdrop of wonderful summer colours on the hills. Whilst looking through my images it struck me how beautiful the bokeh and the contrast in colours from just a few weeks ago. Why then are there still some photographers who feel a need to alter what they captured through their lenses?

What a background. This hares natural environment 

The latest photography 'con' is to purchase  a 'background' online for your photographs. There are now quite a few internet sites selling all kinds of backdrops -  skies, foliage or just various toned colourings. So basically if you go out on a dull day or you just don't like the background of our beautiful environment then you can now buy someone elses photography and slap it behind an image you've taken. Then post it up and claim the entire image is yours. Yeah, right! This is a far bigger move than mearly going into photoshop and adding, deleting or minor alterations of small areas on your images. This (in my eyes ) is completely altering what you photographed in the first place!

Golden Plover with the distant Cairngorms 

The strange world of photography! Apart from anything else you are just fooling yourself. Everytime you would look at this 'manufacturerd'  photograph you would surely think to yourself ' that is an image I bought online and it wasn't what I saw on the day'. Wouldn't you? 

Golden Plover silhouette 

Every single one of my images the background was there at the time I took the photograph. The photograps on this blog post are no different. If I don't like a background I'll just go back another day!

Male Stonechat 

Some lenses are brilliant at giving a beautiful bokeh. I particularly like the above Stonechat taken in beautiful light on Sunday. 

Cloudberry just Coming into fruit

The colours are just stunning at the moment. Shortly the Ling heather will be in bloom. A major part of wildlife photography is encapsulating the environment the species are in. Not importing a background from another photographer, probably taken in another part of the world! Rant over. Here's a few more unmanipulated photos from last Monday. 

A pair of Golden Plover 

Portrait

Summer green


No comments: