Sunday 1 January 2023

HAPPY NEW SNOW YEAR

 

Sunday 1st January 2023.

No rest for Tarmachan Mountaineering and Gary Hodgson Photography. 
Today I was out guiding on a Mountain Hare Photography workshop with Hari. Hari set off from a very wet Edinburgh at 5am to join me.
When he booked last minute he asked me 'will there be snow'. Certainly was, fresh snow falling at Aviemore first thing and another good dump up on the hills. I earned my money today breaking trail to get to the hares. We saw no one on the hill all day. By late morning the cloud lifted at our altitude and another layer of cloud was sitting in Strathspey. Very beautiful, even the sun tried to break through.
A great start to 2023.





Looks set for the cold and snowy trend to continue well into January.  A good season ahead.  My availability in January is now limited to just a few midweek dates. February,  as per usual, busy too. If you're thinking of a Winter course or wildlife photography day get in touch ASAP if you have specific days in mind.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


No comments: