Wednesday 18 April 2012

SGURR 'A GUIBHSACHAN

Excellent scrambling with views to match
The final summit in light snow
Add caption
And nice sunbathing rocks!
A fine sunny day once more, a it of a bonus as the forecast seemed as though it was going to be a bit damp a few days ago. It looked like more sunshine out west so I cycled over to Glenfinnan and along Loch Shiel to one of my favourite hills, Sgurr 'a Guibhsacan. It's a fine hill and one that's in lots of postcards and holiday snaps I guess - the backdrop to the Glenfinnan Monument view. But a hill that I never see anyone on (one of many in this area). It gives fine views all the way along, looking down to Loch Shiel. There is excellent scrambling on the rocky tiers that lead up to the main summit, or you can avoid them if desired but the rock was relatively dry and warm today, apart from the final summit cone which had a light covering of snow. Only time I got wet  today was on the bike ride back from Glenfinnan.  

No comments: