Monday 20 March 2023

A SHORT WALK IN THE CAIRNGORMS

 

Mum & Daughter team

Monday 20th March.

Mother & Daughter team Laura & Stella out with me today in the Cairngorms. A liesurley day in Coire an Lochain with some wildlife watching inbetween the walking. It was a lovely morning with sun and some atmospheric cloud layers. Gradually the cloud thickend in the afternoon.


Well done to Stella, hope I can still get up into the corries when I get to a certain age. 

Top day and banter. I'm hoping I can still get up to Coire an Lohain when I'm in my mid 70's. Top marks Stella.

Last Friday I was guiding a wildlife photography workshop with the emphasis on photographing Ptarmigan. 




We were not disappointed. 2 lovely pairs of Ptarmigan Photographed during the day.



This time of year the male and female ptarmigan are very easily identified. It's also the best period to observe them as a pair. Often they are not seen together once summer comes around. 





Watch out for April and May when the female is the most beautifully coloured bird on the mountains.

No comments: