Friday 16 September 2022

FINAL DAY IN THE ALPS

 

Castor, Pollux & Brighthorn 
My final day in the Alps this Summer. It's been an absolute blast to be out here again in 2022. 2 years of pandemic restrictions and Brexit voters making life difficult for us UK International Mountain Leaders to gain a permit for work, it was simply great to be out guiding here again. Yesterday I finished my 64th Walkers Haute Route with my group of 8 folk. The final day into Zermatt goes  along the Europaweg from Randa to Zermatt.

Europaweg foot bridge

Good fun

Mystical cloud 

Mettal Horn
This roller coaster walk which traverses high above the Mattertal is always fun and fabulous scenery. If you ever tire of walking along these narrow ledges, around huge couloirs, exciting tunnels and exposed mountain sides then you need to hang up your boots.
Thanks to a fun group of 8 folk who all compled the180km and 12000m of ascent amongst some of the finest scenery in the Alps.
I was guiding for Mont Blanc Treks, always a pleasure and the best company I've worked for in The Alps.
Narrow ledges 

Sunshine

Great geology 

Nearing Taschalp

Matterhorn and Zermatt,  journeys end
Today I spent my final day this season in The Alps with a trip up high. It's been brilliant to be out here again guiding groups of fun folk in the beautiful Alpine scenery.
I grabbed a quick day out from Zermatt for some photography.  The cloud dispersed this morning and some wonderful views of the big mountains around Zermatt. 
It was a fun Summer of 2022.

Castor, Pollux & Brighthorn 

Good to see fresh snow on the Matterhorn 

Cloudscapes around Zinal Rothorn 

Rifelberg


Dom & Tashorn

Good clarity 

Another wee lake

Autumn colours 

Zermatt and Weisshorn 


Thank you Switzerland!
Proper photos later.

No comments: