Sunday 20 March 2016

COLD, CLOUD & SOME COMPASS WORK -WELCOME BACK SCOTTISH WINTER

Coire an t-Sneachda, clear later in the afternoon
Most of the day it was white
Lots of this today
I thought it was Spring?
Well I've got my Spring plumage
Cafe for lunch
Some more of this
After a full week of beautiful clear skies above a temperature inversion, it was back to more winter like conditions today. Much colder temperatures had frozen up the snow pack, including the plateau area. We did plenty of navigation today, some of it quite tricky, especially getting to our snow hole cafe for lunchtime. The cloud did lift later in the afternoon and the Cairngorm plateau was mostly clear by 3pm. A cool breeze meant a few more layers were on today. Plenty of patrmigan pairing up on the plateau ready for some Spring time courting. Looking like the cooler temperatures will remain into next week. Good news for me, as I have a Snow hole course coming up on Tuesday.

No comments: