Wednesday 14 December 2022

THE CURE - EUROPEAN TOUR 22

 

The Cure - Final night at Wembley 
For any regular followers of my blog you will know that it is purely mountain activity content. If you're expecting any mountain stuff  on this particular post then best come back tomorrow.  Today's piece is on a completely different subject.  Music. Not just any old music. This is The Cure who have just finished their huge 46 date European Tour 2022.

I've been a huge fan since way back when. The first time I heard one of their early singles in 1980, A Forest. Since then I've been buying every record, watched many gigs across the UK and Europe snd been absolutely in awe of The Cure. 

With most band members now into their sixties they are still innovative, captivating, full of energy and utterly brilliant.





The last 9 gigs of the tour were in the UK & Republic of Ireland. I went to the Dublin show on 1st December. That wasn't enough, I was keen to see them on their final shows in London's OVO Arena, Wembley.



The 3 dates at Wembley were originally just going to be one but with such a huge demand on tickets the tour was extended fir an extra 2 nights. How many groups can do that?

There are rumours that this could well be their final tour in Europe. Its hard to grasp that fact when you've grown up with their music for so long. From the 3 gigs I've been to there doesn't seem to be any sign that their live shows are over.




A new album which is almost finished is eagerly awaited by all fans. During the shows 4 new dogs have been showcased. The album will be called Songs from a Lost World. 

I took very few photos, I immerse myself in the music. But here's some. 

No comments: